July 4th is the day we celebrate American Independence. What are you doing on July 4th?
- Going to a Family BBQ (57%, 39 Votes)
- Attending a Fireworks Display (16%, 11 Votes)
- Attending a July 4th Parade (10%, 7 Votes)
- Going Swimming (9%, 6 Votes)
- Short Vacation Away from Home (7%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 68
Do you think these decisions by the Supreme Court are about the morals of our country or money in the form of spousal benefits?
- Money (Tax, Pension and Health Benefits) (78%, 225 Votes)
- Morals of our Country (22%, 64 Votes)
Total Voters: 289
Which of these is the best approach to increase better fitness habits for your kids?
- Let parents decide what's best. (53%, 134 Votes)
- Teach value of team sports and individual physical fitness goals. (41%, 104 Votes)
- Discuss negative effects of sugary beverages with your kids. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Discuss negative impact of video and handheld devices. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Advocate a toy-gun buy back program. (2%, 4 Votes)
- Let government dictate what's best. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 252
Would you want a teenage celebrity living next door?
- No (97%, 433 Votes)
- Yes (3%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 446
Which of these alleged scandals are you most worried about and why?
- Obamacare tax policy implementation by an official who was involved with IRS scandal (38%, 297 Votes)
- Harassment by the IRS of conservative non-profit groups (26%, 202 Votes)
- Terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya (25%, 191 Votes)
- U.S. Justice Department secretly obtaining phone records (11%, 86 Votes)
Total Voters: 776
Has the IRS defied the public's trust by intentionally targeting conservative groups? Even President Obama calls this "outrageous". Do you agree?
- YES, the IRS should be unbiased and laws should be applied in a neutral, non-partisan way. (101%, 883 Votes)
- NO, they were within their rights to target these groups; they are the federal government watch dogs. (0%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 876
What tradition do you have to honor yourself (or your Mom) on Mother's Day? (Share your stories!) Total Voters: 54
What tradition do you have to honor yourself (or your Mom) on Mother's Day? (Share your stories!)
Total Voters: 54
Should the age restriction on the morning after pill be lifted so that it is available over the counter to anyone at any age?
- No (92%, 421 Votes)
- Yes (8%, 39 Votes)
Total Voters: 460
Do you think that George W. Bush's Presidency was a success or a failure? (Comment Below!)
- Bush made tough choices. He will be looked on favorably in years to come. (94%, 954 Votes)
- Bush failed us on the economy, started a war we didn't need, and failed America. (6%, 59 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,013
How did you feel about the tax rate you paid?
- It is too high (86%, 446 Votes)
- It is just right (12%, 64 Votes)
- It is too low (2%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 517
Did you pay your taxes by April 15th?
- Yes. (74%, 365 Votes)
- No, I had no tax liability. (13%, 66 Votes)
- No, I got an extension. (13%, 64 Votes)
Total Voters: 495
Are universal background checks the right strategy to stop gun violence?
- NO, this is an encroachment on our freedom. (91%, 357 Votes)
- YES, universal background checks is the right thing to do. (9%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 391
If your choice in 2016 was a Republican Presidential nominee who was pro-gay marriage and Democrat Hilary Clinton, who would you vote for?
- I would vote for the Republican. (62%, 853 Votes)
- I would just stay home. (32%, 437 Votes)
- I would vote for Democrat Hilary Clinton. (6%, 80 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,370
The TSA recently modified their policies to allow small pocket knives and sporting equipment. Do you think this was the right decision?
- No. (82%, 384 Votes)
- Yes. (18%, 85 Votes)
Total Voters: 469
If you were President and had to cut funding under a sequester, what government programs would you choose?
- Health & Obamacare (57%, 718 Votes)
- Social Welfare Programs (15%, 189 Votes)
- Clean Energy & Environmental Programs (14%, 177 Votes)
- Secret Service Protection (9%, 109 Votes)
- White House Tours (3%, 39 Votes)
- Public Parks & Interior (2%, 26 Votes)
- Pay for Active Military (1%, 9 Votes)
- Transportation / Airport Security (0%, 5 Votes)
- Crime Enforcement & Justice (0%, 2 Votes)
- Food Safety Programs (0%, 1 Votes)
- Border Security & Customs (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,257
Is the White House too involved in Hollywood?
- Yes (100%, 1,683 Votes)
- No (0%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,691
Who is best equipped to go toe to toe with President Obama on the complex issues America faces today?
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) (31%, 543 Votes)
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) (25%, 440 Votes)
- Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) (12%, 207 Votes)
- Condoleezza Rice (R) (11%, 191 Votes)
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) (9%, 158 Votes)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) (5%, 96 Votes)
- Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) (4%, 68 Votes)
- Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) (2%, 35 Votes)
- Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) (2%, 31 Votes)
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) (0%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,774
What was your favorite Super Bowl commercial?
- RAM 'Farmer' (62%, 262 Votes)
- Budweiser 'Brotherhood' (31%, 132 Votes)
- Dorito's 'Daddy Princess' (4%, 15 Votes)
- Taco Bell 'Viva Young' (2%, 7 Votes)
- Oreo 'The Whisper Fight' (1%, 3 Votes)
- Samsung 'The Next Big Thing' (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 420
What will be the biggest challenge for President Obama in the first 100 days?
- Gun control (36%, 140 Votes)
- Convincing Americans who don't agree with him (34%, 135 Votes)
- His plans to redistribute wealth (14%, 54 Votes)
- Working to avoid falling off the fiscal cliff (9%, 36 Votes)
- Implementing Obamacare (7%, 27 Votes)
Total Voters: 392
Will you be watching President Barack Obama's second inaugural address?
- No, I'm not interested. (96%, 807 Votes)
- Yes, I will watch it on television. (3%, 29 Votes)
- Yes, I will watch via the Internet. (0%, 3 Votes)
- Yes, I will listen to it on radio. (0%, 2 Votes)
- Yes, I will be on the Capitol Mall in person. (1%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 841
What are your predictions for the US economy for 2013?
- Double Dip Recession (90%, 246 Votes)
- Better Growth (5%, 15 Votes)
- Stays the Same (5%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 273
Who will you miss most in 2013?
- Andy Griffith (36%, 147 Votes)
- Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf (26%, 106 Votes)
- Dick Clark (17%, 70 Votes)
- Other (12%, 48 Votes)
- Astronaut Neal Armstrong (10%, 41 Votes)
- Whitney Houston (7%, 30 Votes)
- Judge Robert Bork (7%, 30 Votes)
- Jack Klugman (5%, 22 Votes)
- Mike Wallace (3%, 13 Votes)
- Davy Jones (2%, 8 Votes)
- Astronaut Sally Ride (2%, 8 Votes)
- Nora Ephron (2%, 8 Votes)
- Donna Summer (1%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 404
Do you go to church on Christmas?
- Yes (0%, 0 Votes)
- No (100%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 0
Is "Big Labor" good or bad for taxpayers?
- Bad (91%, 314 Votes)
- Good (9%, 30 Votes)
Total Voters: 344
Do you volunteer as part of your holiday traditions?
- Yes. (54%, 55 Votes)
- No. (46%, 47 Votes)
Total Voters: 102
Are you planning a holiday trip this year?
- No, we're not taking a trip this year. (84%, 311 Votes)
- Yes, we're driving. (12%, 44 Votes)
- Yes, we're flying. (3%, 12 Votes)
- Yes, we're going by train. (1%, 2 Votes)
- Yes, we're going by bus. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 369
Where do you plan on holiday shopping most this year?
- Online (45%, 86 Votes)
- Discount Store (21%, 40 Votes)
- Other (20%, 38 Votes)
- Mall (9%, 18 Votes)
- Catalog (5%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 191
Have you voted yet?
- Yes (90%, 648 Votes)
- No (10%, 72 Votes)
Total Voters: 720
Who did you vote for?
- Romney (95%, 1,170 Votes)
- Obama (3%, 35 Votes)
- Decline to state (1%, 15 Votes)
- Other (1%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,231
What issue influenced your vote?
- Economy/Jobs (73%, 840 Votes)
- National Security/Attacks in Libya (16%, 186 Votes)
- Abortion/Contraception (8%, 88 Votes)
- Gas prices/Energy (2%, 26 Votes)
- Educating our kids (1%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,146
Do you think Hurricane Sandy will impact election results?
- No, people will still go out and vote. (72%, 287 Votes)
- Yes, people will stay home instead of voting. (28%, 109 Votes)
Total Voters: 396
Do you believe President Obama and VP Biden knew nothing about the Libya terrorist attack for two weeks?
- No, the President and VP knew about the attacks. (98%, 2,733 Votes)
- Yes, they were kept in the dark. (2%, 59 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,791
Have you or your family been personally affected by the poor economy?
- Yes, my family has been greatly affected by the poor economy. (84%, 758 Votes)
- Yes, my family has been slightly affected by the poor economy. (13%, 119 Votes)
- My family has not been affected by the poor economy. (3%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 898
Do you think the unrest in the Middle East will raise gas prices in the U.S.?
- Yes, gas prices will rise. (97%, 1,154 Votes)
- No, gas prices will stay the same. (3%, 31 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,185
Does the current unrest in the Middle East strengthen American influence abroad or weaken our economic abilities as a super power?
- The current unrest weakens our economic abilities as a super power. (100%, 6 Votes)
- The current unrest strengthens American influence. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 6
Are you better off today than you were four years ago?
- NO, my family is not better off. It's time for a change. (98%, 3,403 Votes)
- YES, President Obama's plan is working to stimulate the economy. (2%, 72 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,474
Do you plan on watching the GOP and DNC convention speeches on TV?
- I will watch the Republican Convention with Romney-Ryan Only (56%, 896 Votes)
- I will watch both Conventions (37%, 597 Votes)
- I won't watch either of them (6%, 102 Votes)
- I will watch the Democrat Convention with Obama-Biden Only (1%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,612
Who will earn the most medals this year?
- USA (89%, 233 Votes)
- China (11%, 29 Votes)
Total Voters: 262